The Original Bowen Technique is a profound and dynamic bodywork therapy. This therapy utilizes small movements to the body, in order to bring relief of many specific injuries and other health problems, both acute and chronic. It does so holistically, by stimulating the body's own natural healing mechanisms, in order to heal itself.
Bowenwork addresses many conditions in the body to:
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow—the body's natural defense system.
- Lessen depression and anxiety, and insomnia.
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation.
- Reduce postsurgery adhesions and swelling.
- Reduce spasms, cramping, Athritis,and joint pain.
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles.
- Relieve pain such as migraine, neck, low back, and sciatica.
- Decrease digestive problems.
- Free up frozen shoulder.
- Alleviate Asthma, sinus congestion, TMJ, jaw pain and vertigo.
- Reduce colic in babies.
- Relieve pain from tennis elbow and carpal tunnel.
- Reduces incontinence and bed wetting.
- Improves scoliosis and postural Imbalance.
- Alleviate pain from sprain/ strain Injuries.
Experts estimate that upwards of ninety percent of disease is stress-related. And perhaps nothing ages us faster, internally and externally, than high stress. Bowenwork is an effective tool for managing this stress, which translates into:
- Decreased anxiety.
- Enhanced sleep quality.
- Greater energy.
- Improved concentration.
- Increased circulation.
- Reduced fatigue.